- This event has passed.
Alcohol, No Ordinary Commodity (ANOC) Training
November 30 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on November 30, 2022 at 10:00 am
This training is for those interested in serving as advocates for evidence-based alcohol policies.
This advocacy work supports our long-term goal of reducing harm caused by underage and excessive drinking.
After completing the entire training program, trainees will be able to:
- Define what is meant by alcohol policies.
- Identify the most feasible and effective policies to fit a particular population, community, or alcohol harm.
- Collect and use data to determine local conditions.
- Develop a strategic plan for an advocacy campaign; and
- Explain the advantages of establishing evidence-based alcohol policies at the local, national, or international levels.
- Discuss local alcohol policies that will incorporate the unique cultural, political, and legal factors in Alaska.