Research & Data
Recover Alaska regularly engages and supports research efforts to share with policy makers, social workers, providers, and those seeking help for a loved one.
Below you’ll find our most recent Data Report, partner reports & whitepapers, and a variety of important terms to know and understand. Click below to jump to a specific section.
Recover Alaska Data Report
Reports & Whitepapers
Below you will find links to research, reports, and best practices for providing better care and data on issues surrounding alcohol use in Alaska.
Providers, legislators, funders, advocates, and other support persons use these reports as a source of up-to-date research on alcohol use in Alaska. Do you have research or a report that you feel would be useful to our audiences? Click here to contact us about reviewing your report for broader sharing.
- Access to Care, Recover Alaska Analysis 2022
- Acute Behavioral Health Improvement Project: Report and Recommendations for Positive Change in Alaska’s Communities and Hospitals 2019 (PDF)
- Alcohol: Changing the Narrative; Questions from the World Cafe Community Event (PDF)
- Alcohol: Changing the Narrative Report, May 2019 (PDF)
- Alcohol and Opioid Death Rates
- Alaskan Alcohol Misuse Prevention Environmental Scan Design Report (PDF)
- Alcohol Use Among Alaska Adolescents, (YRBS Webinar, 02/27/18)
- Anchorage Alcohol Tax Revenue Allocation Theory of Change, Funding Framework and Talking Points
- Bethel Local Option Law Community Outcome Evaluation
- Bethel Local Option Laws: Data Impact Report
- Binge Drinking and Alcohol-Related Problems by Region – Map (PDF)
- Building Belonging, Inclusive and Healthy Events
- Changes in Alcohol Consumption During Covid-19 in Alaska
- Economic Costs of Alcohol Misuse in Alaska
- Faces & Voices of Recovery, Stigma and Language Faces & Voices of Recovery, SUDI_Positive Language Guidelines
- Faces & Voices of Recovery, Recovery Dialects 1
- Faces & Voices of Recovery, Recovery Dialects 2
- Faces & Voices of Recovery Webinar: Science of Addiction & Recovery: The Intersection of Prevention & Recovery
- Faces & Voices of Recovery Webinar: Our Stories Have Power: Creating Advocacy Messages that Impact Policy Change
- Face & Voices of Recovery Webinar: Recovery-Ready Communities: Strategies to Enhance Community Recovery Capital
- Medication Assisted Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder: Current Status and Future Directions; presentation by Dr. Barbara Mason
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Model Based Prevalence Estimates; 2016-2017 (PDF)
- State of Alaska Epidemiology, “Health Impacts of Alcohol Misuse in Alaska”
- The Status of Behavioral and Physical Health Integration in Alaska 2021
- Young Alaska: Understanding Alaskan Youth Values and Connectedness